To be eligible for membership in a South Carolina masonic lodge, a petitioner must:
- be a resident of South Carolina for the preceding 12 months; six months if active military
- be male, at least 18 years of age
- be a believer in the existence of a Supreme Being
- be a voluntary candidate for membership
- be motivated to join for reasons unrelated to personal gain or profit
- be prompted by a favorable opinion of Freemasonry
- be desirous of knowledge
- be willing to conform to the Ancient Usages and Customs of the Fraternity
- be willing to submit to a background check, and personally meet with a representative of our fraternity.
Freemasonry is proud of its philosophy and practice of "making good men better."
Only individuals believed to be of the finest character are favorably considered for membership. Candidates with pending criminal charges and/or extensive criminal records will not be considered for membership.
Every applicant must advocate his belief in the existence of a Supreme Being (atheists are not accepted in the Fraternity).
After you have reviewed the information above, click on contact link above to send us an email:
The following is required:
- Full Name
- Current age
- Phone number (home and/or cell)
- Name of the city, town, or community where you currently live
- Any other personal or background information you wish to provide