Welcome to February!!!!
We’ve had our first Adopt-A-Highway/Lodge workday this year and completed painting in the bathrooms, trimming trees around the lodge and patching holes in the walls. Thank you to Worshipful Brothers Mo Bostic, Dick Kzyer, Haskell Brabham, John Philibert and Brothers George Black and Brother Chris Pepper for their time and assistance.
Upcoming dates to be aware of:
- February 17, 2015: Fellow Craft Degree
- February 28, 2015: Wardens Workshop (Scottish Rite)
- April 24/25, 2015: Grand Lodge (Charleston, SC)
- June 19, 2015: SC Masonic Research Society Banquet (Scottish Rite)
The Building Committee has identified the following items that need to be address:
- Rodent removal
- Repair roof leak
- Build 2nd floor exit
- Install exterior chair lift on stairway to 2nd floor exit
- Replace ceiling fans
- Replace carpeting throughout the lodge room
- Clean/paint the kitchen
- Paint the bathrooms (completed)
- Trim trees around the lodge (completed)
- Paint the exterior doors and overhangs
Although we do GREAT work and are active in charitable causes, we cannot forsake the maintenance and upkeep of our lodge. This will take time, money and effort on all of use to ensure that we have a safe and presentable lodge we can be proud of for many years to come.
2015 will marked the 150th anniversary of our lodge. We need to start planning now for activities that will appropriately celebrate this milestone. Would like volunteers to chair/participate in a committee for this occasion.
I challenge all brothers to learn a charge, lecture and volunteer to coach a class. Continue to seek Light!!!!!!!!
“Tell me and I will forget. Teach me and I will remember. Involve me and I will learn.” Benjamin Franklin
“Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly, even if they roll a few more upon it.” Albert Schweitzer(803) 808-7065(757) 817-4005